What you need to know about TOEFL
- TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language and is a standardized test to measure the English language ability of non-native speakers wishing to enroll in English-speaking universities.
- The TOEFL iBT (Internet-based Test) measures your ability to use and understand English at the university level and evaluates how well you combine your reading, listening, speaking and writing skills.
- The TOEFL iBT test is scored on a scale of 0 to 120 points. Each of the four sections receives a scaled score from 0 to 30. The scaled scores from the four sections are added together to determine the total score.
- Each institution sets its own score requirements ranging from 61 to 111. You can check with the institution the minimum score required.
- The TOEFL iBT test is given on fixed dates, more than 50 times a year.
- You can retake the test as many times as you wish, but you cannot take it more than once in a 12-day period.
- Candidates wishing to take the test may register online through the Educational Testing Service www.ets.org .
How can Synkers help you prep for your TOEFL
- Synkers TOEFL tutors are highly qualified and have a long track record of helping students ace the exam. You can book a one on one private tutoring session or invite your peers to join you for a group session.
- At Synkers we believe that quality education should be accessible to all! As of now, you no longer have to deal with location, time or commuting constraints. You can prep for your TOEFL by meeting with a qualified tutor from the comfort of your home or dorm room through Synkers online tutoring system.